Youth and Community Engagement Worker
Job Title: Youth and Community Engagement Worker
Hours: 20 hours per week, Flexibility required, including evenings and weekends. FTC for 12 months- potential to extend.
Salary: Circa £22,000 pro rata (Dependent on experience)
Location: Manchester (Gorton)
Start date: November 2019
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join the newest OnSide Youth Zone in Manchester- East.
We are looking for an experienced Youth and Community Engagement Worker to be actively involved in the pre and post opening of OnSide Youth Zone – HideOut!
This is a brand-new charity within a state-of-the-art building offering a wide range of exciting activities and targeted services for young people from across the city.
HideOut is a state-of-the-art £6.6m facility currently under construction in Gorton, East Manchester and is due to open in Spring 2020. Attracting young people from across the city and beyond through its fantastic facilities, the Youth Zone is a registered charity and will provide positive activities and practical support, with the aim of enabling young people to make constructive use of their leisure time and raise their aspirations. This is a brand-new role offering the opportunity to be involved in shaping the future of the Youth Zone.
The Youth and Community Engagement Worker will continue to engage and consult with young people and other local stakeholders in the development of the Youth Zone, pre-opening support membership development and youth participation. Once the Youth Zone opens, the post-holder will join the Youth Zone delivery team, contributing to a diverse programme of activities for young people in addition to ongoing profile raising and awareness raising.
You will have:
- Credible experience in youth work (paid or voluntary), ideally in a group work and/or participation setting.
- Skilled in planning structured youth sessions and activities in a range of settings, such as schools, youth clubs and/or other community settings (group work session planning and delivery);
- Able to plan and lead sessions to support and engage young people in the development of HideOut Youth Zone (group work and participation);
- Working with a range of stakeholders (networking and communication);
- Practical experience of safeguarding and safe-working practices when working with young people
- An understanding and knowledge of the local area of Central and East Manchester
- The ability to work flexibly, including evenings and weekends
The strength of the OnSide network of Youth Zones is the diversity of its people; we place huge value on equal opportunities and encourage applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds, communities and abilities.
In accordance with our Child Protection and Safeguarding procedures, this position requires an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date for applications: 9am, 11th October 2019
Video Interviews deadline: 12 noon, 21st October 2019
Interviews: 25th October 2019
Starting November 2019
Follow us on Twitter! https://twitter.com/HideOut_YZ
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, together with a one page covering letter setting out your reasons for applying for this position. In addition, please provide the following information:
- Details of your current or most recent remuneration package and notice period;
- If you have at any time been convicted of a criminal offence, please provide the details in strict confidence.
- Confirmation you are eligible to work in the UK (the successful candidate will be required to provide documentary evidence before a job offer is confirmed);
- Any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or the selection process.
Please note – CV’s without cover letters will not be accepted and cover letters must cover all points set out above.
For information regarding how OnSide youth Zones processes your data, please click here: https://www.onsideyouthzones.org/applicant-privacy/